RESISTANCE Pro "POP" (Positive Outreach Program)
Resistance Pro Wrestling is a Chicago based independent wrestling organization. R-Pro debuted on November 25th, 2011. R-Pro is independently owned and operated by Gabriel & Jacques Baron. The goal of R-Pro’s Positive Outreach Program (P.O.P) is to motivate students to maintain a positive attitude in and out of school, to follow their dreams, be productive members of society and have a positive outlook on life! The R-Pro stars are deeply vested in the children of CPS, as many of us are former students/and or currently employed in schools across the city.
As visitors R-Pro POP will:
- Show a short video of who we are (if system can/will be provided
- Introduce ourselves (who we are, what we do, who we work for….etc.)
- Speak about subject(s) (bullying, drugs, positive attitude…..etc.)
- Share positive incentives (this will be done by help from school administrator. IE, GPA, grades, Behaviors) (Incentives could be Tickets, DVDs, and Pictures……etc.)
- Take pictures with students (if time allows)
The “P.O.P” will last between 45 minutes to 1 hour. Most R-Pro “P.O.P” will take place on Fridays, unless otherwise scheduled by the school. Previous R-Pro POP events/appearances include:
- The 2013 Greg Olsen “Kicks For A Cure” Kickball Tournament
- The Southside Occupational Academy
- 2013 and 2014 Special Olympics “Plane Pull”
- Fenger High School(as seen on episode 8 of CNN’s “Chicagoland” series in 2014)
- Neil Armstrong Elementary School
- Taft School District 90 – Lockport, IL
- Amundsen High School – Chicago, IL and more!
For photos, videos, and more information on RPro POP visit https://www.facebook.com/RProPOP
Please feel free to contact me for more information! Thank you for your time!
POP at Fenger High School – October 10, 2013 photo album: POP at Fenger High School Photo Album POP at Fenger High School Chicago Tribune Article – November 17, 2013: R-Pro POP inspires at Fenger High School