CARESS OF STEEL
RESISTANCE Pro celebrated our 2nd Anniversary at Amundsen High School in Chicago on Saturday night November 23rd in front of a capacity crowd – here’s how it shook out:
1) “The Last Rock Star” EDDIE GRAVES defeated JACOB BLACK in a fast-paced opening bout to warm up the crowd.
2) TEAM I.O.U. earned another victory against THE PAINKILLERS (w/ERYN) in a thrilling tag bout. Both of these teams have a lot to prove and left the crowd wanting more!
1) C-RED brought both “Mr. M-80″ MARSHE ROCKETT and COBRA out to the ring. He declared that COBRA has now become an honorary member of DA SOUL TOUCHAZ and tonight’s match between the two would show off two of the best high-flying athletes in R-Pro. The match more than delivered on C-RED’s promise as it became a continued game of one-upmanship between these thrilling young stars. After a rapid-fire delivery of back-and-forth action, MARSHE ROCKETT got the best of his friendly rival after both men wowed the crowd with their ring skills.
2) In ladies tag-team action, THE GIRLZ (THUNDERKITTY and CRAZY MARY DOBSON) took on TWO PRINCESSES (LYLAH LODGE and CAMRON STAR). Mis-matched in the strength department compared to the powerful PRINCESSES, THE GIRLZ had to rely on THUNDERKITTY’s old-school ground based attack and CRAZY MARY’s high-flying derring-do to overcome their opponents. After a fierce battle between the two teams, CRAZY MARY’s split-legged moonsault earned her team the hard-fought victory.
3) With the stipulation that the loser would become the winner’s manservant for 100 days, this fourth match between Lance Storm Academy graduate JAKE O’NEILL and SCOTTY “The Kid” YOUNG had a lot riding on it. Both men have delivered great wrestling clinics in their past bouts, and this would be no different. A submission reversal lead to JAKE O’ NEILL picking up the victory and earning the services of YOUNG in the process.
4) In six-man tag-team action, deathmatch legend MAD MAN PONDO teamed with local favorites TWO STAR HEROES against “The Male Model” ASHTON VUITTON (w/ ERIC ST. VAUGHN) and LOVE/HATE (Remix) (REMI WILKINS and “HATE”). The referee lost control immediately as all six men tore in to each other with complete disregard for the rules. In the end, ASHTON VUITTON earned the pinfall and asserted his presence in to the top level of R-Pro talent.
5) COLONEL JESSE CORGAN and MISS PRIG (in a burqua) lead their new charge ALMIGHTY SHEIK to the ring to do battle with former employee VECTOR A. The animosity between the two exploded as the battle quickly moved from the ring to throughout the crowd and all over the auditorium! Chairs were swung, fans scattered, and punches flew as both men tore in to each other with reckless abandon. After countless warnings, the referee proceeded to count both men out to end the bout before further damage could be done.
6) In the first of three main events, MICKIE “Moose” KNUCKLES challenged D’ARCY DIXON for her Women’s Championship. After their intense battle at STICK IT TO YA in July, fans knew this was going to be another epic confrontation and weren’t disappointed. As soon as the bell rung, both warriors charged each other and never let up. Heads were kicked, bodies were thrown, and flesh was torn – no retreat, no surrender for either of these ladies. After brutal back and forth action, DIXON reversed a pump handle slam in to a choke hold and finally knocked out her rival for the win. Brutal, powerful stuff from two of the best in the business – regardless of gender!
7) At 399 days, “The Ego” ROBERT ANTHONY came in to the show as the longest-running champion in R-Pro history. JOCEPHUS earned his title shot back in July and methodically waited to cash it in until he felt the time was right. Patience proved to be a lone virtue of the self-proclaimed “truth, light, and way” of R-Pro as he took the ever-popular Champion to his limit – which included ANTHONY climbing 15 feet in the air on the gymnasium’s climbing wall to deliver a crushing elbow drop on to his opponent! If that wasn’t enough, he then stacked over a dozen chairs in to a tower in the middle of the ring to throw JOCEPHUS in to off of the top rope! Just as EGO got the challenger up on to his shoulders to deliver the finishing blow, EVE crotched the champ, allowing JOCEPHUS to reverse it and defeat ANTHONY to become the new RESISTANCE Pro Heavyweight Champion!
8) Inside the confines of a steel cage – and with guest referee WWE Legend KEVIN NASH – LOCK-UP (w/WARDEN MYERS) defended their Tag Team Titles and rivals DA SOUL TOUCHAZ (“Hot Chocolate” ACID JAZ and “The Urban American Dream” WILLIE “Da Bomb” RICHARDSON). Knowing that WARDEN MYERS and his guard would resort to whatever means were necessary to retain their titles, C-RED enlisted MARSHE ROCKETT and COBRA to “even the odds” outside the ring. Inside the cage, bodies flew in every direction as flesh met steel and all four men were taken to their physical limits. After continued attempted interference, WARDEN MYERS was put thru the announce table by referee KEVIN NASH when he attempted to climb on to the cage and hand off a billy club to SUGE D! After some surprising dirty tactics from the champions – and an epic “Pounce” from RICHARDSON – DA SOUL TOUCHAZ finally realized their dream and became the second-ever RESISTANCE Pro Tag Team Champions to the delight of the capacity crowd!
RESISTANCE Pro wold like to thank all of their fans (new and old), friends, family, sponsors, and the staff and faculty at Amundsen High School for an amazingly memorable Second Anniversary Celebration!
WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE
RESISTANCE Pro WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE packed The Barn at Arabian Knights Farms in Willowbrook, IL for a thrilling Halloween-themed show that the fans turned out en masse to witness. Let’s get to the results!
TV Legend Svengoolie came out to a MASSIVE ovation. He warmed up the crowd the way only he can. He then brought out the participants of the first ever R-Pro Halloween Costume Contest! SUGE D, D’ARCY DIXON, LOS ANGLE, EGOTISTICO FANTASTICO, JOCEPHUS and EVE, ASHTON VUITTON and ERIC ST. VAUGHN, THUNDERKITTY, CHRIS CASTRO, R-Pro owners THE BARON BROTHERS, “Lonesome” JAY BRADLEY, SHERI SHAW, VECTOR A, COL. JESSE CORGAN, and MISS PRIG were the lucky contestants for the event and all got a chance to explain who they were and why they should win. EGOTISTICO called out LOS ANGLE to reveal his true face after taking him to the limit last month at ALIVE!, insisting he was MR. 450 violating his one year suspension by working under a mask. LOS ANGLE removed his mask to reveal himself as none other than TWO STAR HEROES “Marvelous” MATT KNICKS! In the end, THUNDERKITTY won the fan judged contest by a landslide and was awarded…a ribbon for her efforts despite wanting cake for the entire audience. Maybe next time…
1) In a match for the RESISTANCE Pro Tag Team Championship, LOCK-UP (w/Warden Myers) narrowly squeaked past TWO STAR HEROES in a thrilling match that saw EPIC resort to underhanded tactics to guarantee their victory. SUGE D was noticeably upset by his partner’s actions and made it known to EVERYONE.
2) In their second rematch, SCOTTY “The Kid” YOUNG made Lance Storm Wrestling Academy graduate JAKE O’NEILL submit to a perfectly timed and executed Texas Cloverleaf. These two have a heated rivalry going on the old-fashioned way: one up-manship!
3) In the second ever “First Come, Last Served” match, MICKIE “Moose” KNUCKLES pinned the debuting JORDYNNE GRACE to earn the right to sit out until only one other competitor was left. After surviving the onslaught of both LUCY MENDEZ and CAMRON STAR, THUNDERKITTY got to go one-on-one with the ever dangerous KNUCKLES. In the end, the vicious attack of the “Moose” was too much for THUNDERKITTY, and KNUCKLES won the right to challenge for the Women’s Championship at next month’s show.
4) In a “Loser Leaves Town” three-way-dance, “The Male Model” ASHTON VUITTON (w/ ERIC ST. VAUGHN) defeated BARRY RYTE (w/ COL. JESSE CORGAN and MISS PRIG) and “The Muay Thai Warrior” COBRA. By being on the receiving end of the pin, BARRY must leave R-Pro forever much to the dismay of COL. CORGAN.
5) The second half of the show kicked off with a rematch from STAY HUNGRY when iMPACT WRESTLING superstar “Lonesome” JAY BRADLEY battled JOCPEHUS (w/EVE). The two big men slugged it out tooth-and-nail leaving nothing out in their efforts to destroy one another. After kicking out of BRADLEY’s “Boomstick” lariat, JOCEPHUS went on to score the victory for the self-described “truth, the light, and the way”.
6) In a four-way battle to determine the next number one contenders for LOCK-UP’s Tag Team Titles, DA SOUL TOUCHAZ (w/C-RED) battled LOVE/HATE (REMI WILKINS and TREVOR COURT), RUFF SKIES (RUFF CROSSING and “The Southern Savior” JOHN SKYLER), and 2 P’Z (MAD MAN PONDO and BRADY PIERCE). While making their entrance, “Mr. M-80″ MARSHE ROCKETT was attacked with a pipe wrench by an unknown assailant leaving “Hot Chocolate” ACID JAZ and WILLIE “Da Bomb” RICHARDSON without their teammate. Lots of fast-paced action highlighted this match with DA SOUL TOUCHAZ ultimately prevailing thanks to an obvious split between MAD MAN PONDO and BRADY PIERCE. This means DA SOUL TOUCHAZ will get one more shot at LOCK-UP’s Tag Team Titles in November!
7) Fresh from a wildly successful tour of Japan, CRAZY MARY DOBSON challenged Women’s Champion D’ARCY DIXON for her title. After a show of respect from both ladies, the action was fast and furious with DOBSON showing off her newly polished skills. The crowed was floored by the display put on by both ladies, but the champ proved a little too much for her young challenger and DIXON scored another impressive victory.
8) In the main event, EGOTISTICO FANTASTICO defended Heavyweight Champion “The Ego” ROBERT ANTHONY’s title against VECTOR A (w/ COL. JESSE CORGAN and MISS PRIG). VECTOR A definitely brought his “A” game to the show and brought everything he had against the luchador from Mexico City, Joliet. A see-saw battle that even saw FANTASTICO powerbomb the 300-plus pound VECTOR (!), the masked man successfully defended his friend’s title which caused COL. CORGAN to promptly verbally berate and fire VECTOR A in front of the crowd. COL. CORGAN’s new charge, a returning ALMIGHTY SHEIK stormed the ring and attacked him. After getting the better of VECTOR, JOCEPHUS stormed the ring and both men continued the attack on VECTOR and started beating on EGOTISTICO as well. Seeing his friend’s friend in trouble “Lonesome” JAY BRADLEY stormed the ring chasing the two men out and saving the masked man. After BRADLEY carried the defending champ out of the ring, JOCEPHUS and SHEIK celebrated in the ring…until JOCEPHUS laid out SHEIK proving, once again, that nothing or no one will stand in his quest to become the next Heavyweight Champion!